[SciPy-user] OpenOpt svn broken on Windows

Wed Jul 16 11:28:16 CDT 2008

Hi,

As Alan states it, you could use a diffrent name. Why not use
algencan2_oo.py ? With the current registry pattern in OO, the name of
the solver is not dependent on the actual implementation file.
Besides, you could resfactor the code by using some patterns, as Alan
suggested it ;)

Matthieu

2008/7/16 dmitrey <dmitrey.kroshko@scipy.org>:
> Since OO has solvers "ALGENCAN" (for ALGENCAN v 1.0) and "algencan" (for
> ALGENCAN v 2.0) openopt must have the files ALGENCAN_oo.py and
> algencan_oo.py (because calling solver (that is done in OO by name)
> depend on file names).
>
> I could just remove ALGENCAN (in anyway in future ALGENCAN v 1.0 support
> will be ceased), but currently some tests made by me show v 1.0 works
> better than 2.0.
>
> So I intend to remove ALGENCAN_oo.py for next OO release, and doing it
> right now isn't  a good idea.
>
> D.
>
> Alan G Isaac wrote:
>> On Wed, 16 Jul 2008, dmitrey apparently wrote:
>>
>>> I don't know what is easiest solution here, currently you
>>> could use zip-file from OO installation page (~ 10 Mb,
>>> contains all scikits from latest svn automatically
>>> generated by Trac).
>>>

>> Hi Dmitrey,
>>
>> Since this is a real problem for cross platform use,
>> it needs to be addressed.
>>
>> As a rule, two files with the same name expect for
>> capitalization is a bad idea.  Clearly these names
>> do not distinguish the file content.
>>
>> Additionally, the two files contain serious DRY/SPOT
>> violations <URL:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don%27t_repeat_yourself>
>> so it looks like this bug report offers a chance to address
>> those as well.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Alan Isaac

French PhD student