[SciPy-user] OpenOpt svn broken on Windows

dmitrey dmitrey.kroshko@scipy....
Wed Jul 16 11:37:06 CDT 2008

Matthieu Brucher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As Alan states it, you could use a diffrent name. Why not use
> algencan2_oo.py ?
I don't think using r = p.solve('algencan2') is a good idea, even
"algencan" is too long to type. Also, there is a number of those
algencan 2.0beta, 2.0.1beta, ..., 2.0.4 beta and the number will continue.

Also it means after new A. version I should remove old files each time,
making some users code not working.
>  With the current registry pattern in OO, the name of
> the solver is not dependent on the actual implementation file.

I don't understand what do you mean here, see runProbSolver.py, solver
is extracting from py-file with same name.

> Besides, you could resfactor the code by using some patterns, as Alan
> suggested it ;)

I intend just to remove ALGENCAN_oo.py, because I don't see needs to
continue it maintenance in future.
D.