[SciPy-user] OpenOpt svn broken on Windows

Wed Jul 16 13:43:03 CDT 2008

>> I didn't say that you shouldn't have done this, you obviously can, you
>> have done it and it works. What I'm saying is that there were several
>> purposes for this registry :
>> - not polluting sys.path
>> - allow a clean way of adding a solver
>>
> Adding a solver have been never more clear than current style: just add
> _oo file to any directory from /solvers, and it will work. Also, it was
> the way it works before your changes.

You are still missing the point after so many months....

> __solverPaths__ is exported by runProbSolver.py, and than converted from None to
> dict. I intended to init it in runProbSolver.py but some issues had
> appeared (Python reported of bugs) so I had moved it to ooMisc.py

It has not been moved to ooMisc. The actual registry is only available
in runProbSolver. Because you are initializing it in runProbSolver and
not in ooMisc.

>> I didn't know that there was only one filename. Is it something you
>> build or is it something algecan provides ?
>>
> latter. pywrapper.so it generated by ALGENCAN. As I had mentioned, I
> could create a workaround but I have lots of other things to do.

And it is not your job to try to get a workaround (IMHO) ;)

Matthieu
--
French PhD student