[SciPy-user] Problems while trying to build scipy with umfpack on Intel MacBook Pro

Rick Muller rpmuller@gmail....
Sun Jul 20 16:26:22 CDT 2008

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 12:24 PM, Rick Muller <rpmuller@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to get a scipy build that contains umfpack on an Intel MacBook
> Pro. I believe that I've compiled and installed umfpack correctly.
>

> I appended the output I get from the build to this message. In short, I get
> some warnings about having multiply defined "-arch" flags, but I'm not clear
> whether this is the fatal error or not. At the end of the install process, I
> have what looks like a umfpack directory:

I'm replying to my own message to give a little more information, just in
case it helps at all. Oddly enough, if I chdir to the relevant place, I can
import umfpack:

$ cd
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/scipy/linsolve/umfpack/
s886301{umfpack}508$ python
Python 2.5 (r25:51918, Sep 19 2006, 08:49:13)
>>> import umfpack as um

Does this make sense to anyone?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rick