[SciPy-user] Statistics advise with scipy

didier rano didier.rano@gmail....
Tue Jul 22 17:55:32 CDT 2008

Hi,
I haven't found yet a solution to my problem. But I am reading a good
article about removing outliers:
http://www.lcgceurope.com/lcgceurope/data/articlestandard//lcgceurope/502001/4509/article.pdf
Now, I need to experiment methods described in this article.

Thanks
Didier Rano

2008/7/22 Tim Michelsen <timmichelsen@gmx-topmail.de>:

> >> My data is not normal. Do you know robusts method in scipy ? Or maybe in
> an
> >> other python module ?
> >
> > Mmh, I'm sure you could implement some yourself. That way, we could start
> > another scikits. There are already some winsorization and trimming
> functions
> > in scipy.stats.
> > Alternatively, you can try to use R and numpy through rpy:
> > http://rpy.sourceforge.net/
> Dider,
> may I ask you to give some feedback what method worked for you?
> I am also working with the problem of removing outliners etc. from data.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Timmie

Didier Rano
didier.rano@gmail.com