[SciPy-user] Matlab IO -- can others with matlab test this bug?

Wed Jul 30 09:21:10 CDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 11:28:38PM -0700, Andrew Straw wrote:
> No time to do a similar writeup for it, but: virtualenv

> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/virtualenv

Use with caution: lots of gotcha with it (for instance the fact that
there are 90% chances that ipython or mayavi, or any program using python
other than the interpreter) will not start in your virtual environment if
not installed in your virtal env. I have shot myself in the foot many
times. This is due to how they are installed, and has been reported, and
is 'not a bug' :). I use virtualenv a lot, but do remember when you are
using it, that something is making some magic and that if things fail you
have to look closer.

Gaël