[SciPy-user] Differential Algebraic Equation Solvers

Nils Wagner nwagner@iam.uni-stuttgart...
Wed Jul 30 12:12:09 CDT 2008

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 13:03:24 -0400
  "Rob Clewley" <rob.clewley@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Strange, Now it works fine for me, but it's very slow...
>
> I assume you mean the time to be able to run the radau
>test script?

Exactly,

>If
> so, that's because the current version of the systems
>needs to
> recompile everything afresh each time, even though 90%
>of the code is
> the same. That's a distutils issue, but the version I'll
>be releasing
> in the next few months side-steps that problem.

Will you post an announcement to this list ?
I am looking forward to the enhanced version version !

Is PyDSTool available via svn ?

>Then,
>only your vector
> field will need to be re-compiled if you change it, and
>the core radau
> and dopri parts will be compiled once only at the
>original
> installation time. Hence the complicated issues getting
>setup.py
> working.
>
> I think you'll find that once the model is compiled, it
>integrates
> solutions *very* quickly. Radau is very efficient, and
>there's only a
> small overhead in simulating models with it using the
>additional
> structures from PyDSTool. If this isn't what you find
>then there's
> something else wrong!
>
> -Rob

Nils