[SciPy-user] Running SciPy SVN without installing Was: Matlab IO -- can others with matlab test this bug?

Jonathan Hunt jjh@42quarks....
Wed Jul 30 18:50:52 CDT 2008

Thanks for the help. I tried using develop mode in SciPy but since
SciPy just uses distutils it doesn't have develop mode. Is there an
easy way to make it use setuptools?

Thanks,
Jonny

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 4:41 AM, Gael Varoquaux
<gael.varoquaux@normalesup.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 12:32:08AM +1000, Jonathan Hunt wrote:
>> Thanks for all the comments. If anyone uses the develop mode of
>> setuptools or other methods I'd be interested to hear.
>
> I do. I am not sure what to tell you about it. Just be aware that when
> you use setuptools, your import path gets messed up (print sys.path to
> reaize that), and as a result import priorities get scrambled. If you
> know that and keep watch on what is important, when you have several
> version of different packages installed, you can usual understand what is
> going on.
>
> Gaël

Jonathan J Hunt <jjh@42quarks.com>
Homepage: http://www.42quarks.net.nz/wiki/JJH
(Further contact details there)
"Physics isn't the most important thing. Love is." Richard Feynman