[SciPy-user] Running SciPy SVN without installing Was: Matlab IO -- can others with matlab test this bug?

Thu Jul 31 07:07:20 CDT 2008

Gael Varoquaux wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 11:08:57PM +0900, David Cournapeau wrote:
>
>> Really, stow is nice. The
>> only problem is that it does not work on windows.
>>

> Can I have two shells, one running one environment, and the other
> another, say to compare results with stow?

Sure, just get one stow environment per shell, and set PYTHONPATH
differently for each one (for example by using an alias
pythonfoo='PYTHONPATH=foo python'). The great advantage of stow is its
simplicity. If you screw up something, you just remove the directory,
there is no side effect at all. In a way, stow fixes one of the things
which I really hate with unix, the FHS.

cheers,

David