[SciPy-user] OpenOpt errors with ALGENCAN

Nils Wagner nwagner@iam.uni-stuttgart...
Mon Jun 2 12:42:55 CDT 2008

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 15:33:29 +0100
  "Paul Smith" <phhs80@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 11:06 AM, Paul Smith
><phhs80@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I have read README file from algencan2.0beta.tgz. Python
>>>binding refers to
>>>
>>> $(ALGENCAN)/sources/interfaces/py/runalgencan.py and
>>> $(ALGENCAN)/sources/interfaces/py/toyprob.py
>>>
>>> but these files are absent (after all required steps
>>>before already done)
>>> the only one py-file is algencan.py.
>>>
>>> I had informed algencan developers of the issue.
>>> W/O up-to-date toyprob.py I cannot connect algencan2.0
>>>beta, because I
>>> don't know those new 12 arguments instead of old-style
>>>9.
>>
>> Thanks again, Dmitrey. I had also noticed yesterday the
>>problem that
>> you describe: none of the two files (runalgencan.py and
>>toyprob.py)
>> are created. I sent an e-mail to one of the developers,
>>telling him
>> about the issue, but I have not received any reply so
>>far.
>
> Ernest Birgin has just written to me telling me that
>there is now
> available a new version of Algencan with the missing
>files. The
> problem is solved now.
>
> Paul

Hi,

I have installed the new beta release.
I am using g77 and python2.4

./runalgencan.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./runalgencan.py", line 30, in ?
     import algencan
   File "/home/nwagner/algencan.py", line 25, in ?
     from pywrapper import solver
ImportError: /home/nwagner/pywrapper.so: cannot map
zero-fill pages: Cannot allocate memory

Any idea ?

Nils