[SciPy-user] [ Python(x,y) ] New release : 1.2.4

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Thu Jun 5 19:21:34 CDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 11:26 AM, Pierre Raybaut <contact@pythonxy.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Python(x,y) 1.2.4 is now available on http://www.pythonxy.com.
> Hopefully, updates should now be released at a lower rate.
>
> Changes history
> 06 -02 -2008 - Version 1.2.4 :
>
>     * Updated:
>           o Matplotlib 0.98 - Important change for Python(x,y) users:
> better integration in Qt GUIs (see release notes)
>           o IPython 0.8.4 (see release notes)

Many thanks!  This is really great.

One feature request, if I might: any chance ofgetting scons in?

http://www.scons.org/

The reason is that ctypes is one of the nicest and easiest ways of
quickly prototyping access to libraries and extension code, but
writing a Makefile to build a shared library portably
(osx/win32/linux) isn't completely trivial. Scons knows a fair bit
about shared library building, so having scons in would help users who
want to test the ctypes/numpy support such as:

http://www.scipy.org/Cookbook/Ctypes

Best regards,