[SciPy-user] LabVIEW and LabPython

Stef Mientki s.mientki@ru...
Mon Jun 9 05:51:24 CDT 2008

Gary Pajer wrote:
> I was unaware of LabPython until this post.  But I can report that
> I've been using National Instruments' DAQmx library through ctypes,
> and it seems to work perfectly.  I don't know how far along you are in
> development,  but there's an option for you.
>
> I've married DAQmx to scipy/numpy to Traits UI (
> http://code.enthought.com/projects/traits ) and I have a beautiful GUI
> based data acquisition/display/analysis system.  I'll admit that I've
> been too scared to even try to implement callbacks (used by a small
> number of DAQmx C functions) but I've achieved the same functionality
> using python threads.  Aside from that caveat, all features have
> worked as they should.
hi Gary,
This sounds very very interesting.
As I'm writing an opensource replacement for LabView / MatLab in Python
(called PyLab_Works),
and DAQmx is one of the major AD-systems in this package,
I'm anxious to get DAQmx libraries (as till now I have some
clumsy-windows-only DLL).
Any change I could use your code ?

thanks,
Stef Mientki