[SciPy-user] Sparse Boolean matrix

Nathan Bell wnbell@gmail....
Tue Jun 10 13:46:39 CDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 12:21 PM, Lukas Michelbacher
<michells@ims.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:
> As the title says I'd like to use a matrix with Boolean values in some
> sparse format.
> My problem is that even though initialization seems to works fine, the
> matrix doesn't
> contain Boolean values but the default float type.

Lukas, SciPy 0.6.x doesn't support sparse boolean matrices, or even
integer matrices for that matter.

The current SVN version of SciPy and the next release (0.7.0) do
support integer matrices (including int8) but don't properly support
booleans.  I believe they will get converted to int8.

--
Nathan Bell wnbell@gmail.com
http://graphics.cs.uiuc.edu/~wnbell/