[SciPy-user] Mlab doesn't work

Fri Jun 13 07:51:50 CDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 02:34:00PM +0200, Alexander Borghgraef wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 2:25 PM, fred <fredmfp@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Alexander Borghgraef a écrit :

> >> I've built the enthought libraries from source on an Fedora 8 system,
> >> and installed them in a local directory (I have no access to
> >> /usr/lib). Importing the libraries works fine, and so does running the
> >> mayavi2 binary, but I haven't managed to get something plotted from a
> >> python script. Any ideas?
> > Can you tell us how you run your script ?

> Saved it to mlabtest.py, then ran

As it is indicated on the top of the page you are looking at, you should
run this in "ipython -wthread", for instance using "%run mlabtest.py".

Just a question, why are you using TVTK's mlab. Mayavi's mlab (developped
by the same people) is more maintained, eventhought it has a bit more
dependancies. You can have a look at
https://svn.enthought.com/enthought/attachment/wiki/MayaVi/user_guide.pdf?format=raw
on section 6 (page 22). One remark, if you are using an oldish version of
mayavi, you need to import mlab from enthought.mayavi.tools", rather than
"enthought.mayavi".

HTH,

Gaël