[SciPy-user] The IO library and image file formats -- compare with with PIL

Sebastian Haase haase@msg.ucsf....
Sun Jun 15 02:00:52 CDT 2008

Zach et al,

hi, has there been a development on this ... ?
I.e. has anyone gotten in contact with Fredrik Lundh  ?

I recently got more problems with reading a Zeiss Confocal Microscope
(LSM) file -- as far as I can tell, LSM files are TIFF files, and
ImageMagick recognizes the file in question as such ....
The point here is,
that I don't think that the Image-SIG mailing list is very helpful ....
(it'is only a fraction as good as what we are used to over here at
SciPy ....  )

So, (again,) it would be great if we could unite our image-io
interests over here at SciPy...

Thanks,
Sebastian