[SciPy-user] Solver with n-dimentional steps

Hoyt Koepke hoytak@gmail....
Sun Jun 15 08:55:47 CDT 2008

Yosef,

I'm suggesting this partly to satisfy my own curiosity, so ignore this
if it is difficult.   Since you are running with so many dimensions,
you might want to try minimizing the square of your function using
fmin_l_bfgs_b.  lbfgs is written for higher dimensions, and I've heard
it can give incredible speed improvements over many other methods.
I'm curious if it would help in your case.

--Hoyt