[SciPy-user] reading binary files written by a gfortran code...

Benedikt Koenig lists@benair....
Mon Jun 16 01:57:30 CDT 2008

Hi Fred,

I am not sure whether I get you question right, but I once had the
problem, that a program complied with gfortran could not read binaries
written by the same version but compiled with ifort or g77.

This was caused by the marker length Fortran uses in binary files. Ifort
and g77 used a length of 4 bytes, whereas gfortran uses whatever is
stored in "off_t" on the parcticular system. So adding the following
compile option to gfortran did the job for me:
FFLOAT = -frecord-marker=4

HTH,
bene