[SciPy-user] Bus error on Intel mac pro w/Leopard, gcc 4.2, numpy from svn head

Anand Patil anand.prabhakar.patil@gmail....
Mon Jun 16 12:06:03 CDT 2008

Robert,

Thanks for the reply.

On 16 Jun 2008, at 17:49, Robert Kern wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 10:58, Anand Patil
>
> It could be either. The long chain of array_dealloc() calls means that
> you have a view of a view of a view ... of and array. When the tail
> end of the view chain gets decrefed to 0 and deallocated, it will
> decref its reference to the array it is a view of (myarray.base, if
> you want to check this out at the Python level). If that was the only
> reference, it gets deallocated and decrefs its .base array.
>
> It is possible, though unlikely, that a cycle got formed somehow.
>
> Does your program crash using the www.python.org binary built with
> gcc 4.0.1?

Actually, I wasn't able to get my Python environment set up with the
python.org binary . I need OpenMP, which means I need gcc 4.2 ... but
the python.org binary has no-cpp-precomp and Wno-long-double baked in.
In addition it sets MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.3 and it uses the 10.4
SDK's library directory, both of which confuse some packages' setup on
Leopard. I'd be happy to try the binary if I could get past those
problems...

Anand