[SciPy-user] Bus error on Intel mac pro w/Leopard, gcc 4.2, numpy from svn head

Anand Patil anand.prabhakar.patil@gmail....
Tue Jun 17 03:34:22 CDT 2008

On 16 Jun 2008, at 20:10, Robert Kern wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 12:06, Anand Patil
> <anand.prabhakar.patil@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 16 Jun 2008, at 17:49, Robert Kern wrote:
>>
>>> On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 10:58, Anand Patil
>>>
>>> Does your program crash using the www.python.org binary built with
>>> gcc 4.0.1?
>>
>> Actually, I wasn't able to get my Python environment set up with the
>> python.org binary . I need OpenMP, which means I need gcc 4.2 ... but
>> the python.org binary has no-cpp-precomp and Wno-long-double baked
>> in.
>
> Good enough reason.

Can I be pretty sure that the problem is caused by a reference cycle,
and how can I:
- Reproduce the problem with a simple program, assuming it were in
numpy itself;
- Look for problematic reference cycles in my program?

Thanks,
Anand