[SciPy-user] netCDF files, ctypes, and numpy

Chris Lee c.j.lee@tnw.utwente...
Wed Jun 18 08:27:52 CDT 2008

On Jun 18, 2008, at 3:01 PM, Gael Varoquaux wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 10:44:41AM +0200, Chris Lee wrote:
>>> Numeric is unnecessary with recent versions of Scientific.
>
>> Oh, that is good to know--certainly the Scientific website recommends
>> a particular version of Numeric.
>
> Beware that you explicitely need to pass a build switch (can't numpy
> be
> default ?)

Well since discovering pupynere, I have no need for Scientific at all.
Though, it should be noted that the current version of pupynere will
only load netCDF files with a small number of variables. I think I
have patched the code to fix that now. If I find that it works I will
send the patched code on to the author.

Cheers
Chris