[SciPy-user] Test failure on OS X Leopard

AndresGM piscinero@gmail....
Mon Jun 23 08:29:16 CDT 2008

I'm getting a different error when I try to run the tests. I installed
numpy 1.1.0 from source and tried Scipy both 0.6 and from the SVN
trunk. Numpy builds without any problems and the all tests pass. Scipy
builds but when trying to run the tests I get:

import scipy
>>> scipy.test(1,10)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/
python2.5/site-packages/scipy/testing/nosetester.py", line 133, in
test
    nose = import_nose()
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/
python2.5/site-packages/scipy/testing/nosetester.py", line 25, in
import_nose
    raise ImportError('Need nose >=0.10 for tests - see '
ImportError: Need nose >=0.10 for tests - see http://somethingaboutorange.com/mrl/projects/nose

I'm running python 2.5.2 from python.org and gfortran 4.2.3.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrés