[SciPy-user] Test failure on OS X Leopard

Mon Jun 23 21:48:23 CDT 2008

Jonathan Hunt wrote:
> I had tried to answer you question so I opened
> /Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/scipy/lib/blas/setup.py but I
> couldn't find the function you were refering to. I have attached the
> file in case I'm missing something. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Hi Johnathan,

    You solved the problem :) I forgot that you were using 0.6, in which
the fix for this problem was not applied everywhere. I should have
thought about this...
> Also, if I understand your message the errors in this test function
> won't cause problems when I actually use SciPy? Is that correct?

Yes. Unless you use directly scipy.lib.blas, no code inside scipy uses
it; it will always use the code from scipy.linalg, which does have the
fix even in 0.6,

cheers,

David