[SciPy-user] Test failure on OS X Leopard

Jonathan Hunt jjh@42quarks....
Mon Jun 23 22:07:03 CDT 2008

Hi,

Sorry for the hassle. Thanks for that.

Jonny

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 12:48 PM, David Cournapeau
<david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> Jonathan Hunt wrote:
>> I had tried to answer you question so I opened
>> /Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/scipy/lib/blas/setup.py but I
>> couldn't find the function you were refering to. I have attached the
>> file in case I'm missing something. Am I looking in the wrong place?
>>

> Hi Johnathan,
>
>    You solved the problem :) I forgot that you were using 0.6, in which
> the fix for this problem was not applied everywhere. I should have
> thought about this...
>> Also, if I understand your message the errors in this test function
>> won't cause problems when I actually use SciPy? Is that correct?
>>

> Yes. Unless you use directly scipy.lib.blas, no code inside scipy uses
> it; it will always use the code from scipy.linalg, which does have the
> fix even in 0.6,
>
> cheers,
>
> David

Jonathan J Hunt <jjh@42quarks.com>
Homepage: http://www.42quarks.net.nz/wiki/JJH
(Further contact details there)
"Physics isn't the most important thing. Love is." Richard Feynman