[SciPy-user] Are cf2py threadsafe and cf2py inplace incompatible?

Anand Patil anand.prabhakar.patil@gmail....
Tue Jun 24 03:33:07 CDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 11:12 PM, Anand Patil <
anand.prabhakar.patil@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to write a multithreaded function where each thread fills in a
> portion of an array. I'm on a MacBook Pro using Python 2.5 and the numpy
> subversion head. The following program produces intermittent seg faults:

Well good, it looks like only one copy got through.

Also I realized what the problem is: the new empty array is row-major, so
f2py has to make a column-major copy of it to pass into Fortran, then copy
the results into the original array to make it seem like Fortran function is
changing the array in-place.

Cheers,
Anand