[SciPy-user] [Matplotlib-users] ttconv/truetype.h compile error using gcc-4.3

George Nurser gnurser@googlemail....
Thu May 1 17:00:19 CDT 2008

This may or may not be relevant, but I made up python/numpy/scipy
compiled with gcc 4.3 on OS X 10.5  a month or so ago.

Python and numpy seemed to work fine, but although  scipy compiled ok,
scipy failed its test suite. It built  the c++
ext_module_with_include.so (though with a lot of compiler warnings),
but gave a segmentation fault when it was called.

I therefore assumed matplotlib would not work correctly since it has a
lot of C++ extensions and went back to the standard gcc 4.0.1....

George Nurser.