[SciPy-user] common storage between matlab and python

Sun May 11 12:15:53 CDT 2008

On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 04:42:06PM +0800, Roger Herikstad wrote:
>  Thanks alot! I was looking at hdf5 as an alternative, and by your
> description I think it might suit my needs. I've been considering
> using PyTables for a while, but never had the initiative to do so, but
> I guess this is it... My one concern is to make this as invisible to
> pure matlab users as possible.

I have written some matlab code to do the saving to/loading from hdf5 as
a drop-in replacement of the vanilla matlab save/load functions. The code
might not work on every matlab structure, they work on the ones we used.
The code is available on http://www.scipy.org/Cookbook/hdf5_in_Matlab .
Feel free to improve it and put a new version there.

Cheers,

Gaël