[SciPy-user] can NumPy use parallel linear algebra libraries?

Camillo Lafleche camillo.lafleche@yahoo....
Wed May 14 17:07:09 CDT 2008

Thank you for the immediate and concise answer!

>Unfortunately, pBLAS is not an implementation of the BLAS interfaces
>which we use. Rather, it is a different set of interfaces covering the
>same functionality, but with the obvious additions to the subroutine
>signatures to describe the distributed matrices.

Only one more question before I try the impossible:
Is there any reason why it will be impossible to write a wrapper so that NumPy can invoke pBLAS through the BLAS interface, if the distributed storage and computation is taken care of by a dictionary of modifiers?

Camillo