[SciPy-user] problems wtih _sparsetools and SfePy

Ryan Krauss ryanlists@gmail....
Thu May 15 14:57:16 CDT 2008

I am trying to get started with SfePy and am having some troubles
running their tests.  I have everything working correctly on one
computer, but not on my laptop.  Both computers are running Ubuntu
7.10.  My current problem is this:

/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/scipy/sparse/sparsetools.py in
csr_matvec(*args)
    590         npy_clongdouble_wrapper Xx, npy_clongdouble_wrapper Yx)
    591     """
--> 592   return _sparsetools.csr_matvec(*args)
    593
    594 def csc_matvec(*args):

<type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>: 'module' object has no attribute
'csr_matvec'

It seems that  _sparetools.so is different on the two machines and I
don't know why.  Both are running
In [1]: scipy.version.version
Out[1]: '0.7.0.dev3851'

from svn a while back.  I just tried rebuilding and re-installing from
source and noticed that _sparesetools was not affected.  Where does
_sparsetools come from and how would I change how it gets created?  On
the desktop without problems, the file is 7.8 megs, on the laptop with
problems it is only 1.9 megs.  So, it seems I have some configuration
differences somewhere, but I don't know where.

Thanks,

Ryan