[SciPy-user] Mac OS X and mkl and modifying site.cfg

Sat May 17 04:15:52 CDT 2008

Chris Lee wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I sent this message earlier in the week, but it didn't seem to go
> through, so I am resending it.
>
> I know this question has been asked before but I can't seem to find
> the answer and certainly what I am doing is not working.
>
> I want to link my numpy install to the MKL libraries on Mac OS X (10.5)

By link, you mean rebuilding numpy and scipy with MKL, right ? The
configuration file should certainly be named site.cfg, otherwise, it
won't be taken into account.

What does the following return : python setup.py config ?

Note that for MKL 10, you will have to tell numpy to change the name for
MKL as well (with lapack_libs something, it is mentioned in the
site.cfg.example). I don't know why Intel thinks it is a good idea to
change the library name every release, it is extremely annoying,

cheers,

David