[SciPy-user] how to build in fftw3 support?

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Thu May 22 18:02:21 CDT 2008

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 5:58 PM, Lin Shao <shao@msg.ucsf.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 12:06 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 1:52 PM, Lin Shao <shao@msg.ucsf.edu> wrote:
>>> One more question. In scipy.fftpack, where isn't there a rfftn()
>>> function (just as numpy.fft.fftpack does)?
>>
>> I presume because of the lack of support from the non-FFTPACK backends.
>
> Did you mean "lack of support of real-to-complex FFT in fftw3"?

No, I meant *all* of the backends. But I'm just guessing; I didn't
write the code. It could just be oversight or lack of contributions.

> Another question: Does the fftw3 wrap in scipy.fftpack support
> multithread (and therefore multiple processor cores) by default?

Probably not.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."