[SciPy-user] how to build in fftw3 support?

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Fri May 23 13:53:24 CDT 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 12:21 PM, Lin Shao <shao@msg.ucsf.edu> wrote:
> These all sound a little strange to me, because real-to-complex FFT is
> such a common task that it's inconceivable that any backend should
> omit it.

Note that rfftn() is N-dimensional. scipy.fftpack.rfft() does exist.

> If some backends indeed don't support it, I think it's fair
> to not consider it as a backend candidate for scipy.fftpack.
>
> So far there're only us outsiders guessing what's going on; it'd be
> nice if the insiders can speak out.

Neither David nor I are outsiders by any stretch of the imagination.
However, we were not the ones who did the implementation of
scipy.fftpack years ago.

In any case, if you want it, go ahead and implement it.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
 -- Umberto Eco