[SciPy-user] spreadsheet data visualisation app

David Joyner wdj@usna....
Fri Nov 7 07:11:37 CST 2008

John Hunter wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 10:15 AM, Gary Pajer <gary.pajer@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>> is there any application that I can use view numpy arrays in a tabular /
>>> spreadsheet like manner?
>>>

> matplotlib has a gtk toolkit for an editable record array view.  One
> could easily adapt the pattern to other toolkits
>
>   In[1:]: import matplotlib.mlab as mlab
>
>   In [2]: r = mlab.csv2rec('data/intc.csv')
>
>   In [3]: import mpl_toolkits.gtktools as gtktools

Where do you find this gtk module? It doesn't seem to be installed by
default.
Can it be installed using apt-get? I tried googling but got no useful info.
I'm using the python and matplotlib installed via apt-get on hardy heron
ubuntu.

>   In [4]: gtktools.rec2gtk(r)
>   Out[4]: <SortedStringsScrolledWindow object (GtkScrolledWindow) at 0x8c98e14>
>
> Screenshot is attached -- click on a cell to edit...
>
> JDH

Prof. David Joyner
wdj@usna.edu
Some USNA-specific information in this email may be FOUO.