[SciPy-user] interpolate

David Warde-Farley dwf@cs.toronto....
Fri Nov 14 17:07:28 CST 2008

On 14-Nov-08, at 5:47 PM, Travis E. Oliphant wrote:

> The second-case does not provide a monotonically increasing array in
> the
> first argument.

Hi Travis,

Mildly related question about interpolate/FITPACK: when I fit using
the 't=knots' arg to splrep (I have a lot more data than I want there
to be knots, so I feed it some evenly spaced internal knots with the
't' parameter), it seems that the last 4 coefficients I get back are
always zero. I was wondering if there's a good reason for this or if
I'm doing something silly. I'm using k=3 if that makes a difference.

David