[SciPy-user] F2PY: Problems after upgrading to Python2.6

kern@mpi-magdeburg.m... kern@mpi-magdeburg.m...
Wed Nov 19 11:20:31 CST 2008

Thanks, for the feedback. But still i'm wondering why some of the
routines in scipy still work (although they use the same f2py
wrapper). In particular, atm i'm writing a small application, which
depends heavily on fast integration of ODEs. To increase the speed
of the Ode solver, i used to make an fortran module for the ODEs to be
solved, as described here
http://www.scipy.org/Cookbook/Theoretical_Ecology/Hastings_and_Powell
This approach doesn't work anymore. However, if i'm using a python
module for the Odes, sth. like the following

def y(t,x):
    return ydot(..)

i have no problems executing the scipy ode routines....

Benjamin