[SciPy-user] Least squares for sparse matrices?

Andy Fraser afraser@lanl....
Fri Nov 21 12:14:27 CST 2008

I am trying to understand the behavior of matrices that approximate
Radon transforms and their inverses.  So far, I've used commands like
the following to experiment with various values of SVDcond:

V_1,resids,rank,s = numpy.linalg.lstsq(M_Radon,U_0,rcond=SVDcond)

Is there a sparse version of lstsq that will let me exploit the
sparseness of M_Radon?

It would be even better if there were something like a sparse SVD that
would let me pre-calculate an SVD decomposition and then later use it to
invert several U_0 vectors.

--
Andy Fraser				ISR-2	(MS:B244)
afraser@lanl.gov			Los Alamos National Laboratory