[SciPy-user] Questions about Line Integral Convolution tutorial

Anne Archibald aarchiba@physics.mcgill...
Mon Nov 24 14:23:32 CST 2008

2008/11/24 Bridgman, William T. <William.T.Bridgman@nasa.gov>:

> I had found the Cabral reference, as well as a few others that
> described either different algorithms or described them in radically
> different notation.

I implemented my code based on the Cabral reference. Currently it does
not quite do everything they recommend.

> Transposing the texture solved my crashing problem.  That seems kind
> of counter-intuitive.  Perhaps it could be noted in the docs somewhere
> or changed in the interface?

Looks like a bug. Indeed I only tested my code with square arrays. It
wasn't really ready for release, but there was some interest, and I
have no time at all to work on it just now.

Anne