[SciPy-user] ndimage zero-ignorant filters, or other ways to fill holes

Sebastian Haase haase@msg.ucsf....
Tue Nov 25 03:13:00 CST 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 10:48 PM, Carlos da Silva Santos
<carlos.s.santos@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 1:03 PM, Vincent Schut <schut@sarvision.nl> wrote:
>>
>> If someone comes up with another brillant idea to fill the zero-gaps in
>> my images with values that are in reasonable range of the gap's
>> surroundings, I'd also be very grateful. Keep in mind that the images
>> typically are pretty large, though. 7000x7000 pixels is no exception.
>
> Maybe you could use ndimage.morphology.grey_closing, I cant find a
> code example using it, but the idea is similar to the examples
> featured in this page:
> http://www.mmorph.com/pymorph/morph/morph/mmclose.html
>
> The "close hole" operator is probably closer to what you intended:
> http://www.mmorph.com/pymorph/morph/morph/mmclohole.html
>
> I am not sure whether this operator is implemented in the free version
> of pymorph, maybe you should give it a try:
> http://luispedro.org/pymorph
>
> Hope this helps.

Hi  Carlos,
the links you provided look very interesting !
Would you be able to answer some further questions ?
e.g.
the original pymorph (http://www.mmorph.com/pymorph) appears to have a
BSD license, did this change for the
luispedro.org pymorph ?
Is pymorph all 2D (only) ?
What data data-types does pymorph support ? float32 ?

Thanks,
Sebastian Haase