[SciPy-user] Questions about Line Integral Convolution tutorial

Bridgman, William T. William.T.Bridgman@nasa....
Tue Nov 25 08:44:45 CST 2008

Anne,

I've got a 3-D vector field that separates nicely into toroidal and a
2-D poloidal component.  I plan to use LIC on the poloidal component
projected on a slice of the volume.

In the Cabral paper, Section 4.3 mentions a wrapping that can occur if
the texture is too small.  I'm wondering if the shift I'm seeing may
be an artifact of the texture dimensions being transposed relative to
the input vector field.  If the texture doesn't have to be the same
size as the vector field, it should be an easy fix to get around for
now.

Part of my dataset also has a parallel flow near the edge which this
paper mentions can create false singularities.

Thanks for the input.

Tom

--
Dr. William T."Tom" Bridgman               Scientific Visualization
Studio