[SciPy-user] How to use Open Opt

Vicent Giner-Bosch vginer@gmail....
Thu Nov 27 05:11:13 CST 2008

Hello.

I am looking for infomation about the Open Opt (OO) project, and I've
been referred to this group.

I've been reading the official documentation about OO, but it seems a
little confusing to me.

My question is: if I want to use OO, what must I do?

In fact, if I want to develop a new optimization algorithm in Python,
how can I use OO? I mean, in which part of the process can / should I
use OO?

What are the advantages of using OO? Is it just a "bunch" or library
of available optimization algorithms, or does it also provide a
general framework (for example, a general predefined Object Oriented
structure, or some general functions in order to manage algorithms...)
in order to build an test or run our own algorithms?

What are the key features of OO?

I hope I've been clear enough about my questions.

Any answer will be appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

--
Vicent Giner-Bosch, Valencia (Spain)