[SciPy-user] where to post this tool?

Brian Blais bblais@bryant....
Sun Oct 5 20:46:25 CDT 2008

Hello,

I am working on a tool which is a wrapper around odeint, but allows a
more convenient input of the equations, and was wondering where would
be a good place to post such a thing (when it is a bit more stable/
mature)?  Right now, I can do things like:

     sim=Simulation()
     sim.add("p'=a*p*(1-p/K)",100,plot=True)
     sim.params(a=1.5,K=300)

     sim.run(0,50)

for logistic growth, but also things like the lorenz model:

s=Simulation()

# lorenz model
s.add("C' = sig*(L-C)",13,plot=1)
s.add("L' = r*C-L-C*M",8.1)
s.add("M' = C*L-b*M",45,plot=2)
s.params(r=28.0,sig=10.0,b=8.0/3.0)

s.run(0,30)

I can do some higher order equations, and I hope to be able to do
vector equations in the same way.

Anyway, I think there might be some who would be interested in this
tool, and was wondering if there is a repository for such things.  It
isn't so big to be a scikit, but too large to be a simple example in
a cookbook I think, but the scipy cookbook looks like it might be
close to the right place.  in matlab, there was a matlab repository
for user-contributed m-files.  is there such a thing for python/scipy/
numpy?

			thanks,

				Brian Blais

--