[SciPy-user] f2py: problem with PUBLIC access spec of a derived type

Warren Weckesser warren.weckesser@gmail....
Sun Oct 12 15:02:48 CDT 2008

Hi,

I am learning about f2py, with the goal of wrapping a delay differential
equation solver that is written in Fortran 90.  The solver is Shampine and
Thompson's DDE_SOLVER.  Here is what I get when I run f2py:

------------
$ f2py dde_solver_m_unix.f90 -h tmp.pyf
Reading fortran codes...
        Reading file 'dde_solver_m_unix.f90' (format:free)
Line #316 in dde_solver_m_unix.f90:"  TYPE, PUBLIC :: DDE_SOL"
        analyzeline: No name/args pattern found for line.
Line #331 in dde_solver_m_unix.f90:"  TYPE, PUBLIC :: DDE_OPTS"
        analyzeline: No name/args pattern found for line.
Line #340 in dde_solver_m_unix.f90:"  TYPE, PUBLIC :: DDE_INT"
        analyzeline: No name/args pattern found for line.
rmbadname1: Replacing "index" with "index_bn".
rmbadname1: Replacing "index" with "index_bn".
rmbadname1: Replacing "index" with "index_bn".
<snip>

Why is f2py complaining about the PUBLIC access spec for the derived types?

Regards,

Warren