[SciPy-user] f2py: problem with PUBLIC access spec of a derived type

Warren Weckesser warren.weckesser@gmail....
Sun Oct 12 16:16:20 CDT 2008

Hi again,

On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 3:02 PM, Warren Weckesser <
warren.weckesser@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am learning about f2py, with the goal of wrapping a delay differential
> equation solver that is written in Fortran 90.  The solver is Shampine and
> Thompson's DDE_SOLVER.  Here is what I get when I run f2py:
>
> ------------
> $ f2py dde_solver_m_unix.f90 -h tmp.pyf
> Reading fortran codes...
>         Reading file 'dde_solver_m_unix.f90' (format:free)
> Line #316 in dde_solver_m_unix.f90:"  TYPE, PUBLIC :: DDE_SOL"
>         analyzeline: No name/args pattern found for line.
> Line #331 in dde_solver_m_unix.f90:"  TYPE, PUBLIC :: DDE_OPTS"
>         analyzeline: No name/args pattern found for line.
> Line #340 in dde_solver_m_unix.f90:"  TYPE, PUBLIC :: DDE_INT"
>         analyzeline: No name/args pattern found for line.
> rmbadname1: Replacing "index" with "index_bn".
> rmbadname1: Replacing "index" with "index_bn".
> rmbadname1: Replacing "index" with "index_bn".
> <snip>
>
> Why is f2py complaining about the PUBLIC access spec for the derived types?

I should have added that the problem appears to be the PUBLIC spec because
if I remove the PUBLIC spec, so, for example, line 316 is  "  TYPE DDE_SOL",
then I don't get the "analyzeline" errors.

Warren