[SciPy-user] 64 bit and 32 bit on Ubuntu

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Mon Oct 13 00:53:19 CDT 2008

On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 16:04, Kurt Smith <kwmsmith@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 7:14 PM, Nathan Bell <wnbell@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Keep in mind that 64-bit Linux is approximately 2x cooler than 32-bit
>> Linux, so the choice is easy IMO.
>
> This temperature difference is really surprising to me, and I'm not
> able to find anything that talks about it in detail.  Anything more
> you can say as to why this would be the case?

He didn't mean "cooler" as in, "Yesterday was cooler than today," but
rather "cooler" as in, "James Dean was cooler than I will ever be."

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco