[SciPy-user] SciPy-user Digest, Vol 62, Issue 27

Christopher MacMinn cmac@mit....
Tue Oct 14 11:32:44 CDT 2008

>> I just installed Scipy 0.7.0 build 4797, and import is failing:
>>

>> In [3]: import scipy

>> ImportError: cannot import name Tester
>>

>> I'm running Python 2.5 and numpy 1.2.0 on Mac OS 10.5.
>

> Hmm, numpy 1.2.0 should have numpy.testing.Tester. Can you
> double-check that that is the numpy which is actually getting picked
> up?

I just fired up ipython again and imported numpy and scipy with no
problems.  It must have been a path issue or something that cleared
itself up, although that strikes me as strange.  In any case, I'm good
now.

Sorry for the false alarm, and thanks!

Best, Chris