[SciPy-user] Matlab can interfere with Python?

Andrew Straw strawman@astraw....
Wed Oct 15 15:49:28 CDT 2008

Just to be clear, it seems like you have experienced problems with 2 things:

1) While doing the link step to create a .dll (well, .pyd file) when
running MinGW's GCC  on a .c file, the linking fails due to an error.
(The .c file being autogenerated by Cython when compiling a .pyx file.)
If this is correct, what do you mean by "prevent Python from linking" --
Python is not executing in this case. What is the exact gcc error
message? Does gcc not find the python25.dll? Does gcc fail to link other
files that have nothing to do with python (i.e. they don't use symbols
from python25.dll)?

2) "severly inhibit execution of code" -- are the symptoms any different
than the CPU being busy or the RAM being full? Have you checked those
things?

Still just trying to understand the nature of the problem,
Andrew