[SciPy-user] Matlab can interfere with Python?

Wes McKinney wesmckinn@gmail....
Wed Oct 15 17:21:27 CDT 2008

There's nothing wrong with the DLL build =) I was experiencing problems with
unit-tested production code being ground to a halt when MATLAB is running in
the background. In other words, I would execute a simple line of code in the
Python shell and it would hang or take a very long time to execute. The
instant MATLAB was closed (matlab not executing any code, just idling),
Python stopped hanging and code would run as usual. (Seriously!)

I listed the gcc linkage since I thought Matlab might be interfering somehow
with the use of the Microsoft C runtime, but that doesn't make that much
sense either because Matlab has it's own C runtime DLL.

Thanks,
Wes