[SciPy-user] Reinteract

Pierre Raybaut contact@pythonxy....
Sun Oct 19 08:35:31 CDT 2008

Hi all,

A few months ago, I've discovered Reinteract
(http://www.reinteract.org), a promising project providing an
interactive Python environment based on worksheets (it reminds me
somehow of Mathematica's).
Now Reinteract has a lot more features, and even if the developer claims
that it's still an early stage development release (0.4.0), it's clearly
worth a try.
Look at this screencast, it's very impressive:
http://www.gnome.org/~otaylor/reinteract-demo.html

So, if you're interested in trying Reinteract on Windows, I invite you
to download the Reinteract and PyGTK (Reinteract's backend) Python(x,y)
plugins:
http://www.pythonxy.com/additional.php#third

Note that even if a Python(x,y) install is recommended (e.g. for a
better help integration and update management), you may install a
Python(x,y) plugin over a standard Python 2.5 install (i.e. if you have
installed Python 2.5 with the official .msi installer).

Cheers,
Pierre