[SciPy-user] where is models.py?

Jarrod Millman millman@berkeley....
Tue Oct 21 01:26:16 CDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 9:34 PM, Wes McKinney <wesmckinn@gmail.com> wrote:
> What is the timeline for the 0.7 release? I use the models package
> extensively and would personally be interested in developing it
> sooner rather than later if it could potentially be a part of the new
> release.

I would like to have released 0.7, but there are still too many
failing tests.  I just checked everything out and ran the test suite
on a Fedora Linux box and got several test failures (KNOWNFAIL=6,
SKIP=7, errors=6, failures=10; see the attached log for details).  I
am sure that the problems are even worse on the other platforms.
Before we get the release out we are going to have to focus on bugs
squashing for a bit.  So if you are interested in helping get models
back into the trunk, you can try and squash a few bugs as a warm up ;)

Once we get 0.7 released, I will be happy to discuss putting
scipy.models back in the trunk.  (If you are interested in working on
models, but can't help out on other scipy bugs, maybe we could see who
else is interested in working on the models code and try to organize a
sprint at Berkeley.  Please let me know what your interest level/area
is and I can see if I can help.)

I would also like to get build scripts for Windows and Mac finished.
David Cournapeau has been working on the Window's build scripts:
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/browser/trunk/tools/win32/build_scripts
I need to check with him to see what the status is (his last check-in
was less than an hour ago).  I believe that the Mac build works fine
and I just need to check them in.  (I am out of town currently, but I
can look into this over the weekend.)

Once I get back to Berkeley, I will try to do a more concerted push to
get everyone to start killing bugs so we can release 0.7 soon.

--
Jarrod Millman
10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley