[SciPy-user] Calling Scipy Sparse from C++

Wes McKinney wesmckinn@gmail....
Tue Oct 21 16:57:18 CDT 2008

Look here:

http://www.python.org/doc/2.5.2/ext/ext.html

I've been successful embedding the Python interpreter in a C++ application--
the best way I found was to create a function that calls a "bridge" module
and translates the output from your C++ program (which has to be a PyObject
*), or alternately you could create a NumPy array inside C++ and pass that
(though I haven't tried this). If you create a generic interface you can
then hot-swap Python code making use of numpy / scipy, much better than
coding C++!

- Wes