[SciPy-user] SciPy Sprint Weekend: 1 and 2 November

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Thu Oct 23 16:22:41 CDT 2008

Event: SciPy Sprint
Date: 1, 2 November 2007
Find us on: irc.freenode.net in channel #scipy

Hi all,

As industry and academia slows down towards the end of the year, we
may be able to tap some developer resources for a final sprint or two
towards SciPy 0.7.  There has never been so much low-hanging fruit
before: the bug tracker is filled with tickets just waiting to be
triaged and fixed!

I would like to hold a SciPy sprint on the 1st and 2nd of November.
At the moment, I can only volunteer my own time, but I am confident
that many of our students and colleagues would be able to lend a hand.
 If some of you are willing to donate 2 hours of your time, this would
be a great opportunity to assist us in getting ready for the next Big
Release of SciPy.

We shall start working on Saturday morning here in South Africa, and
soon thereafter America should wake up to the smell of freshly triaged
tickets.

I look forward to seeing you there, and to the 0.7 release of SciPy!

Kind regards,
Stéfan

P.S. I sent this to the scipy-user list, since I firmly believe that
many of our users have the potential to make valuable contributions as
developers.  Don't be shy -- we appreciate help on all levels.

P.S.S. If you are in South Africa, I'll provide free drinks and
internet.  That's almost reason enough to come!